It’s time to change it up!
Sometimes, your brain needs a refresher. I usually don’t read a series from start to finish in one lump – I like to change it up and read books from completely different genres in between instalments to keep things exciting.
I recently finished The Drums of Autumn, the fourth book in the Outlander series, and I decided I needed a bit of a break. I read Lucy March’s A Little Night Magic for something fun and light, and have now moved on to Jody Picoult’s The Storyteller.
I have one of those Ikea cube bookshelves in my room and one cube is dedicated solely to books I haven’t read yet. These make up my in-between-Outlander books, so it may be a while before I get back to the series…
Here’s a taste of what’s on my autumn reading list:
1. The Goldfinch – Donna Tartt
2. The Casual Vacancy – J.K. Rowling
3. Edge of Eternity – Ken Follett
4. 1984 – George Orwell
- I read it in high school and hated it. I’m now going to give it a second chance. Because I’m like that.
5. All The President’s Men – Carl Bernstein and Bob Woodward
- I bought this book back in June after meeting Carl Bernstein at a conference that was held here in Winnipeg – little did I know it would come in handy for second semester J class!
If you’re looking for other titles to check out, take a look at LaurenConrad.com’s Fall Reading List for tons of great suggestions. I now have to make a trip to Chapters…
As always, I’d love to hear back from you – let me know what’s on your shelf and what I should read next!
Until next time, happy reading!